Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Soft Bohemian? Minimal Bohemian?


As usual, all this is Sacha's fault! 

I wanted a lamp off Ebay...

She said "Get it!"...

I said "I don't NEED a lamp, but I love it! 
If I get it I HAVE to decorate my bedroom and make it pretty, instead of ignoring a pile of clothes and sleeping on a blanket, rather than make up the bed!"

Of course, I got the lamp...sigh...

A nice vintage Goofus Glass swag lamp.

 
 
So with the lamp winging it's way towards me, I started looking for inspiration.
 
I already knew what I wanted to do with the lamp, the room is blank so I'm building the new room from the lamp up.
 
I searched for French Bedrooms, and Romantic Bedrooms, and Shabby Chic bedrooms and got a lot...well...WHITE.
 
french bedroom
 
 
But....I don't DO white. Never liked white. Never will.
 
All in White: Linen Whisper Duvet Cover, Linen Whisper Euro Shams, Linen Whisper Standard Shams, Linen Whisper Body Pillow, Linen Fitted Sheet, Linen Whisper Dust Ruffle
 
 
 It's pretty but the first dog or cat that jumped on it would leave paw prints and heaven only knows what I would do it, so not an option!

So by now I'm confused...french romantic bedrooms search should have pulled up something I loved...right?

WRONG! I finally stumbled across this one and said Yes! Now I'm on the right track!

Loulah Deluxe Sham in Fawn, New Primrose Euro Sham in Perfect Peach, Satin with Venise Lace Standard Pillowcase in Perfect Peach, Colette Throw Pillow in Perfect Peach, New Primrose Boudoir in Perfect Peach, Silk Velvet Bolster in Perfect Peach, Adele Duvet Cover in Perfect Peach, Loulah Coverlet in Fawn, Bella Fitted and Flat Sheet in Perfect Peach, Satin Dust Ruffle in Fawn, Velvet headboard with Satin piping in White
 
 
So now I'm searching in Bohemian and finding tons of stuff I like. 
 
bohemian bedroom 
 
Of course, no one does Bohemian like Magnolia Pearl!
 
Bohemian Home Decor

But as much as I love her style, it's a bit MUCH for everyday living for me.

So I've discovered that I'm NOT romantic french, I'm somewhere in between Simple and Bohemian...

So a soft, minimal Bohemian?

Bohemian Romantic?

I guess we'll see! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog. It's beautiful. I'm looking forward to your next posts. Your very welcome on my blog too. I'm just starting a new.
    Greeting, Lilian

    ReplyDelete